Wasco County Surveyor's Office
2705 E 2nd Street
The Dalles, OR 97058
Phone: 541-506-2656 Fax: 541-506-2641
Daniel P. Boldt, P.L.S., Wasco County Surveyor
The Wasco County Surveyor's Office duties include:
- Reviewing, filing, and indexing all surveys, land division plats, and condominium plats performed in Wasco County;
- Restoring and maintaining records of all Public Land Survey (PLS) corners;
- Providing survey research services to the public, county departments, and local jurisdictions.
The Wasco County Surveyor's Office provides the following mandated services:
- Protecting the public by reviewing surveys filed by land surveyors, then filing and indexing them into the public survey records;
- Maintaining those public survey records;
- Protecting the public by reviewing all land divisions (property line adjustment, partition, subdivision, and condominium plats);
- Restoring lost and obliterated Public Land Survey corners, and maintaining the records of restored corners;
- Providing research, in-house and on-line, of survey records;
- Providing survey support to the County Road Department; and other county departments and local governments as requested;
- Provide survey expertise to the citizens of Wasco County who may have survey-related problems and questions.
Non-mandated services include:
- Developing internet research access to copies of public records;
- Scanning and coordinating the storage of plats.
This office cannot perform private surveys.