Online Document Search
We are pleased to now offer Digital Research Room which allows you to search for deeds and other land-related records that have been recorded in Wasco County. Not all documents may be available, so if you do not find what you are looking for through this service you can come into the Clerk's Office to do a more extensive search.
The County Clerk's Office records documents that affect title to real property located in Wasco County. When a document is received for recording, it is checked for compliance with Oregon statutes. If a document cannot be recorded, it is returned to the sender with an explanation of what is wrong. As a document is recorded, an index is created and the image is scanned for document retrieval.
There are three ways to record with our office:
- In person at our courthouse office, between the hours of 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Mailing documents to our office, and
- Submitting documents electronically via eRecording.
We will make every effort to return recorded documents within ten business days of recording. Photocopies of documents are available for a fee by coming into the office or by mail. You may view documents in our office free of charge.
Our Recording Fees can be found by clicking here or by clicking on the link in the box to the lower left.
This office is prohibited from:
- Giving legal advice
- Helping fill out documents
- Suggesting what type of document to use
- Accepting illegible documents
- Recording documents other than those specified by Oregon and federal law