What are "Community Enhancement Projects"?
Each year the Wasco County EDC gathers information about key community economic development projects and activities from throughout Wasco County and recommends a prioritization ranking to the Board of County Commissioners. EDC staff work with each project proponent to gather important information about project stage, investment, and need as well as ensure project deals are posted on the Agora Investment Platform (for more information, see below).
This process provides an opportunity for a formal dialogue with communities and organizations, as well as a platform to highlight key priorities. This process also allows the EDC to leverage its capacity and mandate for provision of technical assistance to identify and support projects that enhance the economic competitiveness of Wasco County and its communities.
Prioritization is then incorporated into the Strategic Action Plan for the EDC and included in the Mid-Columbia's regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) which further highlights projects with regional significance. These documents, along with the Agora Investment Platform, can also be used by project proponents to show local support when seeking funding sources.
2017 Community Enhancement Project Priority List
Wasco County EDC prioritized the 32 new or ongoing projects submitted by 15 entities in 2017 into the list below. The EDC ranks the top 10 projects and includes the others in the list un-ranked. This list was acknowledged by the Wasco County Board of Commissioners at their February 15, 2017 meeting.
1. City of Mosier and Mosier Fire District - Joint Fire Hall/City Hall Development
2. City of The Dalles- Dog River Pipeline
3. Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District- Mosier Well Repair
4. City of The Dalles- Urban Growth Boundary Expansion
5. Mid-Columbia Medical Center - Hospital Expansion
6. South Wasco Park & Recreation District- Pine Hollow Boat Ramp Restoration
7. Deschutes Rim Clinic Foundation- Clinic Expansion Feasibility Study and District Strategic Plan
8. City of Maupin/South Wasco County Library -South Wasco County Library and Civic Center
9. Wamic Water and Sanitary Authority - Water System Update and Reservoir Replacement
10. City of Mosier - Water System Projects: Well # 5 Development and Eastide System Upgrades
For a full list of submitted project from 2017, please click here.
2014 Strategic Action Plan
Click here to view the final 2014 Strategic Action Plan
Agora Investment Platform and Project Info
Each of the projects submitted to the Community Enhancement Projects process each year with Wasco County are listed on the Agora Investment Platform. Why are projects on Agora?
Agora is designed to match projects with potential funding sources
Project submission increases visibility of community priorities to:
Foundations, private, local, state and federal funding sources
Wasco County Board of Commissioners
Regional Economic Development entities
Projects are prioritized by the EDC on Agora and can also be used by project proponents to show local support when seeking funding
For assistance with the Agora Platform, please contact Carrie Pipinich, Mid-Columbia Economic Development District, 541.296.2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.