The County Clerk's Office records documents that affect title to real property located in Wasco County. When a document is received for recording, it is checked for compliance with Oregon statutes. If a document cannot be recorded, it is returned to the sender with an explanation of what is wrong. As a document is recorded, an index is created and the image is scanned for document retrieval.
There are three ways to record with our office:
- In person at our courthouse office, between the hours of 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Mailing documents to our office, and
- Submitting documents electronically via eRecording.
Whichever method you choose, you must comply with specific Recording Requirements per the Oregon Revised Statutes. Click on the link above or at the right to see these requirements in detail. For a sample cover sheet, click here.
We will make every effort to return recorded documents within ten business days of recording. Photocopies of documents are available for a fee by coming into the office or by mail. You may view documents in our office free of charge.
This office is prohibited from:
- Giving legal advice
- Helping fill out documents
- Suggesting what type of document to use
- Accepting illegible documents
- Recording documents other than those specified by Oregon and federal law